Let’s Reflect!

To begin with, my topic of choice was realistic drawing, this was a concept of open- mindedness, and to show the creativity of drawing. Realistic drawing or also referred to as realism, in the arts is the attempt to represent a truthful subject. This can be a depicted scene or objects as seen in the real world as they are experienced or seen. I choose this topic because, it is one one of my biggest interest, I have a passion for drawing but not necessarily in a realistic manner. I tend to draw fictional scenes or things that come up in my mind. I’ve always wanted to draw realistically like big artists, and I struggled with that, so I decided to learn about the basics that you need to know for this particular style of art. Furthermore, most realistic drawings have messages behind them. Although, I forgot to mention this in my presentation, realism in art is visually stunning, but then can also portray important messages. The connotation of the drawing can question important issues going on in the world, or just little things that people should know about. During this project, I learned about the common strengths and weakness of realistic artist, as well as the tips and tricks that are needed to make sure that the drawing is as real as possible; this includes: shading, perspective, outlining, constantly looking as your model (if you are drawing an object), and practicing. Finally, I learned that realistic drawing is most commonly done in graphite pencil, however, other artists use charcoal, and colored pencils. The two last tools mentioned make the depiction more bold and vivid. This project did not really make me grow as a person, but it made me more open-minded about my style drawing. Now, I like to try drawing realistic objects that I find around my house. I would say that I did not grow drastically, however, this project allowed me to try out new things and not to always stick with one concept and style of drawing. The particular ideas that i learned about would not have a significant influence or impact on the world. Still, as I previously stated, some drawing have messages behind them, therefore, one can say that it can impact a community. One’s art can influence  a whole generation and illuminated people on society and alternative concerns,for instance. For my next Genius Hour, I want it to impact the world in such a way that it will be appreciated and not a “one time thing”. Meaning, an organization or maybe just helping out an organization daily to better their needs.

Here, Check out my project: Realistic Draw Presentation (Project)